Sign up to receive a fortnightly email from say it with news and fresh designs

Monday 16 June 2014

Open for business

I'm back from a wonderful week off and my shop is open again. I do love running my little business but my fingers really did need a rest from making so many wedding cards and travel journals. I haven't used any double sided tape for 10 whole days!

As promised I did make myself tidy up my craft room. You can now see nearly all of the floor (just a little bit more sorting needed!) and the desk is nice and clear. I hate tidying, but boy do I feel better starting work this morning in an organised space rather than stressing about the chaos around me! We'll see how long it lasts once the orders start pouring in though...



I didn't have time to make as many cushions as I was hoping but I did finish one. It's looking a little bit lonely sat on our sofa all by itself so I really hope I get chance to make the others soon. I'm really not a sewer so I'm pretty pleased with my attempts. Not quite ready for the Great British Sewing Bee yet (especially given how long it took to make!) but I enjoyed spending time being creative in a different way.


Back to making with paper again today!

If you'd like to see what other creative peeps have been up to this week pop over to the Handmade Monday link up.

7 comments:

  1. You've made a lovely cushion. I would love to have a craft room, maybe one day... #handmadeMonday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louisa. I am very grateful to have a whole room to take over with craft stuff. Not sure how long it will last!

      Delete
  2. The cushion is gorgeous :) I have optimistically offered to make a bag in return for tidying my craft room on FB today - wisely no-one has taken me up on the offer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fabric for your cushion, now sit back and relax... but not for too long, you need to get back to work :)

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No time to relax now the shop's open again!

      Delete
  4. I love the fabric on your cushion, it looks great on your sofa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy. It took ages to choose which fabric to buy - there are sooo many nice patterns out there!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I always love reading them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...